This is a Lua framework that is used to play CMO as PBEM (play by email). It was created by musurca. More information can be found at the [Matrix Forums].
You load either a pre-made IKE scenario or modify one of your own. You may play in continuous mode for your turn or in command limited mode. Turn length and quantity of turns are defined at the start of a scenario. IKE also :
- keeps track of turn order and length, and stops the scenario automatically when a player’s turn is over.
- provides a summary of any losses sustained or messages received during the last turn.
- adds an (optional) Setup Phase, allowing players to configure loadouts, missions, and orders before the game begins.
- supports either Unlimited Orders (traditional CMO play) or Limited Orders to simulate command delay and friction.
- provides password protection for each player’s turn.
- allows players to either use the scenario’s recommended PBEM settings, or customize them at game start.
- maintains a consistent random seed, to discourage replaying turns for more advantageous results.
- prevents players from cheating by (optionally) disabling the Editor until the scenario has ended.
IKE comes with pre-made scenarios that require no Editor work on your part. Simply load them up as you would any other scenario.
- Canary's Cage, 2005
- Duelists, 1989
- First Contact, 1986
- Frozen War, 2014
- Helping Brothers, 1990
- Malvinas - The Pincer, 1982
- North Pacific Shootout, 1989
- Operation Soberanía, 1978
- Sakhalin or Karafuto, 2013
- Shamal, 1991 (cooperative)